What information do we collect?
Orbit Card Services collects the following:
- Details you provide on registration
- Information we learn about you from your use of our service
- Data gathered from your visits to the site and other sites accessible from our web site
- Information about the transactions you undertake
- Details of the payment cards you use
- We use secure server software (SSL) to protect your data
We may collect additional information:
- In connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions offered by our web site.
- Provided by you when submitting a customer review.
- Please tell us immediately if any of your personal details (name, address etc.) change, so that we can ensure our records are up to date.
Uses of the information collected
We do not disclose your information to anyone outside Orbit Card Services except:
- When setting up a merchant facility
- Where we have your permission; or
- Where we are required or permitted to do so by law; or
- To other companies who provide a service to us or/for you
- Where we may transfer rights and obligations under this agreement
Personal information submitted via our web based request or application forms is collected for the purpose of fulfilling information requests and merchant applications only. On occasion we may feel that certain applications stand a much better chance with a different acquiring bank. In this instance we may transfer an application to a different account or even place it with two at the same time. If this happens we will need to pass your information over to up to 3 different PSP’s (you are under no obligation to accept the new offer and can cancel you application at any time without any costs to you.)
Company (never financial) information collected through the merchant account process, once live, may be given to selected third parties. This information is given on a strictly confidential basis and for the sole purpose of providing merchants with competitive pricing structures.
From time to time we may contact you via email with offers and promotions that we think may be of interest. Users may request not to receive marketing emailing at any time by contacting Orbit Card Services at email@example.com.
We may use your business name and/or company logo on our corporate website purely for marketing purposes. We will not disclose any other information about you or your business. If you do not want us to use your business name please inform us via email.
This web site may contain links to other websites; however Orbit Card Services is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these external websites. We recommend you, our users, to be aware that when you leave our site to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
What about cookies?
As required by the Data Protection Act 1998, we follow strict security procedures and take appropriate measures to ensure that the information about you is not damaged or destroyed, or disclosed to a third party without your permission and to prevent unauthorized access to it. This means that we may require you to co-operate with our security checks before we can disclose information to you.
You have the right to access the personal data that is held about you.